[Freeipa-users] Adjust settings for processes

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 13:08:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Roman Naumenko wrote:
>Alexander Bokovoy wrote on 11-11-14 6:52:
>>On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Roman Naumenko wrote:
>>>I'd like to adjust process settings on freeipa server to fit it
>>>better into virtual instance.
>>>Is it possible to change settings of java, ns-slapd and apache
>>>processes somewhere in config files and what those files are?
>>http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/httpd.git/tree/httpd.service
>>-----------------------
>># For example, to pass additional options (for instance, -D
>>definitions) to the
>># httpd binary at startup, you need to create a file named
>># "/etc/systemd/system/httpd.service" containing:
>>#    .include /lib/systemd/system/httpd.service
>>#    [Service]
>>#    Environment=OPTIONS=-DMY_DEFINE
>Isn't it for startup options only?
You've asked about settings for the processes, that's how it is done in
systemd environment. Check systemd.resource-control(5) and
systemd.exec(5) for details of what can be changed.

>I need to set some of these, they are usually in httpd.conf
>
><IfModule prefork.c>
>  StartServers       12
>  MinSpareServers    12
>  MaxSpareServers    12
>  MaxClients         12
>  MaxRequestsPerChild  300
></IfModule>
This is Apache-specific config and as such should go into
/etc/httpd/conf.d/, any file with .conf suffix there is automatically
included by httpd during startup thanks to the following in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

# Load config files in the "/etc/httpd/conf.d" directory, if any.
IncludeOptional conf.d/*.conf

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy