[K12ltsp-list] Preparing and Negotiating Commercial Contracts

Procurement Program updates at trainingforprofessional.com
Wed May 31 01:38:01 UTC 2017

Preparing and Negotiating Commercial Contracts

Negotiate and draft strong cross-border agreements to minimise exposure to risk and liability

12 - 13 June 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand

26 - 27 July 2017 in Dubai, UAE

Dear Leaders,

Running a business involves entering into many different relationships and dealing with many different people and organizations. The terms of each different relationship and arrangement need to be documented so that each party is aware of his/her rights and obligations and duties in respect of it. As well as ensuring that both parties understand the agreement being made, they also ensure that there is a signed record of the agreement in case disputes arise.

Workshop Overview

It is important to make sure that all of your business contracts are drawn up professionally and are legal watertight, as it is essential that both parties understand the terms included and are aware of their rights and responsibilities afforded by the contract. Poorly worded contract terms could have serious implications for both parties and their stakeholders.

This course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of what is required to successfully prepare and negotiate commercial contracts. This course provides participants with an opportunity to develop the skill of effective contract drafting. Participants will also gain an insight into the key terms and considerations involved in typical commercial agreements.

Agenda Outline

·         Crucial Terms & Clauses in Commercial Contracts

ü  Confidentiality clauses to survive termination of contract

ü  Renewals - binding, non-binding, automatic

·         Cross-border Commercial Contracts

ü  Sovereign Immunity & Waiver

ü  Stabilization, gross up clauses

·         Identifying & Mitigating Contractual Risks

ü  Understanding legal & tax risks within the contract

·         Enforceability of Contracts

ü  Penalties versus damages - how they apply or don't apply

·         Force Majeure & Frustration of Contracts

ü  The Effect of Judicial Management, Bankruptcy, and Winding Up on a Contract

·         Preparation for Negotiation

ü  Breaking deadlocks

·         Use of Negotiation Documents To Your Best Advantage

Testimonials

"Two most interesting days. A container of new information, and a great show. Thanks a lot for the fascinating conference. I am honoured for having had the opportunity to participate." - Dr. Ulrich Eder, German Attorney-at-Law and Tax Counsel

"I just want to say thank you for the great 2-day seminar that you delivered for us. I learnt a lot of things from the seminar. I myself, as a newbie in the industry, have gained some new great insights and perspectives regarding ship chartering. I look forward to some other seminars that you might have in the near future." - Aditya Aldhafera, Mediterranean Shipping Company, Southeast Asia Singapore Pte Ltd

Registration and Enquiry:

For more information and registration, do reply to this email or mail to registration at trainingforprofessional.com with the following subject title:

Name: Catherine