[K12OSN] Router mystery

Eric Brown ericbrown at mi-spot.com
Sun Mar 6 14:29:35 UTC 2005

There are a lot of unknowns here.  I'm going to guess that your cable modem
is pushing out DHCP.  I also bet your WAN link on your router is set to take
DHCP, and I bet it's also pushing out DHCP to your internal network.

I know on my K12LTPS setup, eth1 is the card used to send linux out to the
clients, so it has a static IP of 192.168.0.1, and it pushes out DHCP.  Have
you tried plugging eth0 into your router?

If you intend to try out a thin client in your home, I don't think it will
work with your router.  You'll need a switch (or a hub will do if you're
just going to test one thin client).

I'm really just guessing in the dark here, but if your setup is like most
who aren't familiar with networking, I think I'm close.