[K12OSN] migration question - nfs freezing?

Frank Lee frank at oobschools.org
Wed Oct 19 22:43:45 UTC 2005

On 10/19/05 4:41 PM, "Petre Scheie" <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:

>> Hi, I know this was a while ago, I'm running into the sort-of the same
>> thing.  However I'm a little confused.
>>
>> The issue described in the WIKI is spot-on.  Out of the box 4.2.1 works on a
>> 100Mb NIC thru a Gb switch to my 7 iMacs.  No problems.
>>
>> I upgraded the card to a Gb NIC, and tried to change everything over without
>> a reinstall, and well, I made more of a mess than I should have.
>>
>> So I reinstalled.  Figured while I was at it, might as well download and
>> install the 4.4.1 iso's.
>>
>> On boot I get your problem.  NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 not responding, will
>> keep trying.  I went through the steps in the WIKI and now I get:
>>
>> NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 not responding, will keep trying
>> NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 not responding, will keep trying
>> NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 OK
>>
>> And then it hangs.  The WIKI has you change the dhcpd.conf file.  You said
>> something about changing the lts.conf?  I can't seem to figure out what
>> needs to be changed in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
>>
>> Do you remember what you did there?
>>
>> -F
>>

> Are you using 192.168.0.x for your network, and is the address on the server
> set to a
> 192.168.0.x address?  There are two different lts.conf files, one for PCs
> (x86) and one
> for Macs.  When you install, if you set your server's address to something
> other than
> the default network of 192.168.0.0, the lts.conf file for PCs will be
> correctly updated,
> but the one for the Macs won't; you have to go adjust that one by hand.
>
> Petre

The external network thru eth1 is on a totally different range 10.10...etc

All the clients are hooked thru eth0 - my new GB NIC (192.168.0.254) - w/ a
GB Switch.

Where should I look for the second lts.conf file... Not /opt/ltsp/i386/etc?

Thanks! I'll be doing some more digging as well.

-F

--
Frank P. Lee
Old Orchard Beach Schools