[K12OSN] Load average sky-high but why????????

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Aug 28 13:44:30 UTC 2006

Considering that K12LTSP used to work great for you, I'd advocate, as a
worse-case-scenario, reverting to version 4.4.1 rather than wasting a bunch of money on
Windows systems.  And those who are asking for Windows systems are kidding themselves if
they think they'll have more reliable computers that way.

Sorry, I don't have any answer as to why your loads are so high.  I assume memory on the
  server is still sufficient, that you're not swapping, correct?   I, too, am seeing
some weird stuff with this latest release, but I put the responsibility on Fedora, not
the LTSP/Ed packages on top of it.  Two of my current issues:

1) As mentioned previously, the mouse cursor on the console disappears after the first
user at the console logs out.  So far, only a reboot fixes the problem.

2) A new, /really/ weird problem popped up this weekend: If I run K3B on the console, it
causes the server's networking to stop working.  Again, rebooting is the only way I've
found so far to fix the problem.

So, I'm feeling a bit jaded about FC5.

Petre