[K12OSN] OT: Damn Small Linux (DSL) Question

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed May 3 14:14:09 UTC 2006

I have been trying to get more familiar with DSL for repairing infested
Windows machines and as a mobile Linux desktop.  The main problem I have been
having at this point is that all drives that I mount via the mount tool end up
being "read only filesystems".  External USB hard drives and thumb drives, and
the most important, the local Windows drive.  I have searched google and I can
find no help.  What I want to do most is be able to modify the files on the
Windows FAT32 or NTFS drive.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Even the right syntax to mount the
filesystems via command as su would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188