[K12OSN] Screen shots, handouts, etc. needed for presentation

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Sat May 13 21:37:08 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-13-05 at 12:00 -0400, k12osn-request at redhat.com wrote:
Anthony Luscre <mo_luscre at mogadore.net> wrote:

> "This June, I will be doing 3 presentations on K12LTSP at our state
> technology group's summer workshops.
> I have gather material from a number of web sources and my personal
> experiences over the last 4 years, but would like to get more
> information from other users."

Next week, I will be making a presentation to an education authority
with a new high school opening in the fall. I will post a link here.
About the screen shots. I used the BOCHS (
http://bochs.sourceforge.net/  ) emulator to do that. It did everything
but set up the network correctly, so I could not manage a screenshot of
that. Warning... BOCHS is much slower than my AMD64. I took hours to do
a 20 minute install, but the pictures were worth it. Unfortunately, that
was EdUbuntu for a magazine article not yet published.

Here is a presentation generally about introducing GNU/Linux and K12LTSP
to folks who had never seen it before:
http://alicia.home.skyweb.ca/presentation_Jan_2005.sxi It is localized
in time and locale but you are free to edit it with OpenOffice.
--
A problem is an opportunity.