[K12OSN] Fedora 9 Live LTSP Server, Beta 1

Moon moon at smbis.com
Mon Aug 18 05:29:08 UTC 2008

Warren, I did download the Fedora 9 Live LTSP Server, Beta 1 to play around
with. I will get you some feedback as soon as I get a breath from getting
the school going for this year.

I spent a great deal of time working on the Edubuntu LTSP over the last one
and a half years and was running it up through release 7.10. However, with
the new 8.04 release it is just too buggy especially around networking. I
finally gave up in frustration due to limited response and very confusing
documentation.

I am now on the K12LTSP RHEL5 version, which has some issues with the 64 bit
CD 8 and the 64 bit DVD ISO's. Since the 64 bit has ISO problems I am
rolling out the 32 bit K12LTSP RHEL5 version for the school labs as I have
to have them up and working ASAP. In the interim I will be trying to get the
64 bit version resolved as I need long term support for the schools as I do
this work for them for free. I actually spend anywhere from 8 to 16 hours
per week working on their computer systems, network, and phone system.

I should be able to get some lab time over the next week to play with Fedora
9 LTSP.

Thanks

Charlie