Logging?

Chris Mckenzie Chris.McKenzie at entrust.com
Mon Nov 22 16:31:33 UTC 2004

My problem is the unknown. I won't be installing the boxes so I'm trying to
automate as much as possible. If I don't know how much completed
successfully, then depending on how far the kickstart install got, I might
not be able to check.

If I can check, as in the post fails for instance because the NFS isn't
available (or something like that) I only have the TTY3 screen dump that's
not logged anywhere and doesn't remain on screen. (or the box is installed
headless, just plugin, pop the CD in, and go for coffee, when the CD ejects,
power down and add it to the pile)

If it was, I could write a post install script that the installer would run
manually or auto run and report to another server, etc... It could check a
bunch of stuff, including a RH KS install log for expected results. (or
known failures, like NFS unavailable, etc...)

Thanks.

- Chris