Kickstart FC1 with FC3 kernel?

Phil Oester kickstart at linuxace.com
Wed Nov 24 00:51:44 UTC 2004

Any ideas on whether it is possible to use a FC3 kernel and/or
anaconda to load FC1?  I've got hundreds of boxes on FC1 so
don't really want to upgrade, but just recently we've received
some Dell Optiplex 280 boxes which only support USB keyboards,
which won't work with the FC1 kickstart.  In addition, they
use ICH6 SATA, which FC1 doesn't recognize.

Sure, I could try to update all the necessary drivers to support
this hardware in modules.cgz, but was hoping there was an 'easier'
way by just using the FC3 boot kernel.

Thoughts?

Phil