Pre-patched kickstart tree

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 21 22:42:08 UTC 2008

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Waller, Darrick J (US SSA) wrote:
>> Sorry, I am trying to get this working with RHEL3.
>>
>> I will look into adding repositories to the kickstart file for RHEL5,
>> that sounds really handy.
>>

>>> I've tried linking the 'RedHat/base' directory, thinking I needed the
>>> stage2 stuff, but I still get the same error. Any advice on this, or
>>> alternate methods of doing the same thing would be great.
>>>

>> If this is RHEL5, why not just add a repository in your ks file that
>> has all the updates in it?  Far easier than trying to reconstruct the
>> install tree.

I don't know why folk are giving EL5/Fedora answers when it's clear OP
isn't using one of those. See where he says "I've tried linking the
'RedHat/base'."

Back on RHL7.x I used to ren a self-written script that updated the
system after install.

I don't know the procedure with official RHEL; on a clone I'd use a
little sed in %pre to configure up2date/yum and upgrade, maybe off a
local mirror but if not, then via a caching proxy.

Not perfectly neat, but pretty easy to do and wouldn't add much to the
install time.

--

Cheers
John