[kontinuity-dev-public] k8s Namespace autoset, but build stalls indefinitely

Ben Parees bparees at redhat.com
Sat Jun 25 13:25:10 UTC 2016

On Jun 25, 2016 4:19 AM, "Andrew Lee Rubinger" <alr at redhat.com> wrote:

> Played around a bunch and I think it's this: The build is triggered
before Jenkins is up and running.

The sync plugin ought not care, when it comes up it should see the build in
the new state and process it. Please open an issue against the sync plugin
repo and tag Jimmi. (but we probably won't be rebuilding the image during
summit week even if we get a fix)

> Is there a more appropriate event we can use as a trigger like "Jenkins
probe succeeds"?

So your template is, upon instantiation, kicking off your pipeline build?
(presumably because you have a ConfigChangeTrigger on your pipeline
buildconfig definition)

You could remove that trigger and just manually start the build from
openshift once you know jenkins is up, as a workaround.

> S,
> ALR
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Ben Parees <bparees at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 24, 2016 10:30 PM, "Andrew Lee Rubinger" <alr at redhat.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all:
>> >
>> > So with Ben's new changes in place (thanks!) the k8s namespace is set
in Jenkins kubernetes-plugin:

>> >   https://ibin.co/2lpVENzMzOGm.png
>> >
>> > This gets us an OpenShift build triggered properly, but it waits
indefinitely without ever kicking off the build in Jenkins:

>> >   https://ibin.co/2lpVJNi1p37O.png
>> >
>> > Manually triggering a second build in OpenShift calls into Jenkins
properly and completes as expected.

>> > So...race condition?  Tries to kick off a build before namespace is
set?

>> No, the namespace is set in the jenkins config.xml before jenkins after
starts, so it's not that. (also it only affects slave launching, not
pipeline starting) But what it is i'm not sure.  The first build is
created/started by you instantiating your template? I think it's a question
for jimmi as to why it doesn't see the new openshift build and start the
pipeline in response.