[kontinuity-dev-public] S2I vs. docker build

James Strachan jstracha at redhat.com
Tue May 3 12:27:07 UTC 2016

> On 3 May 2016, at 12:45, Andrew Lee Rubinger <alr at redhat.com <mailto:alr at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
> But then don't we risk breaking reproducibility if some job puts in a -SNAPSHOT of some GAV and another job picks it up?

Great point! :)

I guess for the ‘developer builds’ we’d want each developer to have their own persistent volume maybe?  Then these volumes don’t get used at all for ‘release builds’?

> I could see if for a persistent m2 repo to only hold released (immutable) artifacts, and a separate repo for SNAPSHOTs, and then we clear that from build to build.

Its a little hard to do that; unless we explicitly keep clearing all snapshot versions before/after builds?

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan