[Libguestfs] NOTE: I have pushed the Mac OS X patches

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 21:55:20 UTC 2010

I have pushed the Mac OS X patches.  They work on OS X 10.5 and don't
appear to break the Fedora builds either.

... however that's not the complete story for building on OS X.

You need to remove the references to the po/ and images/ subdirectories.

images/ cannot be built because it requires a cpio which can produce
'hmac' format files (ie. the ones which the kernel reads).  The one on
Mac OS X does not seem to be able to do this.

OS X lacks mkisofs.  This is required for a few important things like
libguestfs-test-tool.  I commented out this test in configure.ac.

OS X lacks pkg-config.  I also had to comment out these tests in
configure.ac.

Basically it then builds and runs with a Fedora appliance.  I need to
write the full documentation for how to compile/run it, but if you
need immediate help, please ask on this list.

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/libguestfs-now-works-on-mac-os-x/

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/