[Libguestfs] libnbd | Failed pipeline for master | 018d55a8

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 08:49:09 UTC 2022

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 02:00:21PM -0500, Eric Blake wrote:
> > Job #3163966643 ( https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/jobs/3163966643/raw )
> >
> > Stage: builds
> > Name: x86_64-opensuse-leap-153-prebuilt-env
>
> This one is still failing because of a bug in gnutls; the log is
> reporting:
>
> libnbd: debug: nbd1: nbd_connect_command: transition: NEWSTYLE.OPT_STARTTLS.RECV_REPLY_PAYLOAD -> NEWSTYLE.OPT_STARTTLS.CHECK_REPLY
> free(): invalid pointer
> libnbd: debug: nbd1: nbd_connect_command: transition: NEWSTYLE.OPT_STARTTLS.CHECK_REPLY -> NEWSTYLE.OPT_STARTTLS.TLS_HANDSHAKE_READ
> libnbd: debug: nbd1: nbd_connect_command: transition: NEWSTYLE.OPT_STARTTLS.TLS_HANDSHAKE_READ -> DEAD
> libnbd: debug: nbd1: nbd_connect_command: leave: error="nbd_connect_command: gnutls_handshake: Error in the pull function. (-1/1)"
>
> That libc message about invalid free() is scary; I'm not yet sure
> whether it is a bug in opensuse-leap's gnutls package or something
> we're doing wrong in libnbd.

I had a look into this.  Unfortunately I only have OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
available.  It doesn't fail for me in Tumbleweed.  (It also doesn't
fail in the CI pipeline for Tumbleweed.)

So I guess this problem is somehow specific to nbdkit or gnutls in
OpenSUSE 15.3.

We can probably ignore this failure, under the assumption it is fixed
upstream.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW