[Libguestfs] Libguestfs + e2fsprogs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 14:49:52 UTC 2022

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 07:50:35PM +0530, Jevin Gala wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Thank you for your response.
>
> You mean path : /usr/lib64/guestfs/supermin.d/
> So I can include my binary (viz : e2fsck/resize2fs) which is compiled in some
> other path as well using file :  hostfiles ?

If there are particular files that you want to copy to the appliance
you might do something like:

# cat > /usr/lib64/supermin.d/guestfs/zz-extra-files <<EOF
/path/to/my/file1
/path/to/my/file2
/path/to/my/other*
EOF

However this might not help to include standard utilities like
resize2fs.  supermin will normally copy the host file
(eg. /usr/sbin/resize2fs) to the appliance, and that will probably be
the old version of the utility, unless you can update it on the host.

Very much depends what exactly you are trying to do.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW