[Libguestfs] Libnbd asynchronous API with epoll

Tage Johansson tage.j.lists at posteo.net
Fri Jul 7 08:58:50 UTC 2023

On 7/6/2023 7:06 PM, Nir Soffer wrote:

> - After calling for example aio_notify_read(3), can I know that the
> next reading from the file descriptor would block?
>
> No, you have to call again aio_get_direction() and poll again until
> the event happens.

Well, what I mean is:

After calling aio_notify_read, if aio_get_direction returns
AIO_DIRECTION_READ or AIO_DIRECTION_BOTH, can I know that the reading on
the file descriptor actually blocked? Or might there be cases when
aio_notify_read returns and the next direction includes a read and there
is still more data to read on the file descriptor?

I guess this is the case, but I must know or the client may hang
unexpectedly.

Best regards,

Tage