[Libguestfs] Patch review request for Veritas Filesystem(VxFS) and Volume Manager(VxVM) support to libguestfs library

Ravi Singh Ravi.Singh at veritas.com
Fri Jun 2 05:47:08 UTC 2023

Hi Team,

This mail is regarding these attached patches which will add Veritas Filesystem(VxFS) and Volume Manager(VxVM) support to libguestfs. Since we are modifying the libguestfs library code for commercial purpose, to honor the LGPL license we are sending our changes for review and request to merge these changes to upstream libguestfs git repository.

Changes:

appliance/init:

+# Create dev directory for all Veritas (VxVM) device files.

+mkdir -p /dev/vx

appliance/hostfiles.in: All the files mentioned in this file will be copied to appliance.

+/etc/vx/vxfs

+/etc/vx/veki

+/etc/vx/vxvm-startup

+/opt/VRTS/bin/fstyp

daemon/vm.ml: This new OCAML file has functions, which are used to identify the Veritas volumes inside VMDKs. Similar to lvm/lvm2 in libguestfs. These functions are called Veritas volume manager related commands.

daemon/vxvm_type.ml : This new OCAML file has a function defined to determine the filesystem type on Veritas volume.

generator/actions_core.ml : This is an already existing file used to call functions defined in OCAML *.ml files. In case of Veritas volume, it calls functions from <daemon/vm.ml> and <daemon/vxvm_type.ml>

daemon/vxfs.c : This new C file has functions to identify and start Veritas filesystem(VxFS) on host appliance. Similar to XFS, EXT3/4 and BTRFS in libguestfs.

Attached zip file contains two patches:

Patch for upstream:
0001-Master-VxFS-Filesystem-support-to-libguestfs.patch

Patch for rhel8(libguestfs-1.44):
0024-RHEL8-VxFS-filesystem-support-to-libguestfs.patch

We would really appreciate your feedback on these changes.

Thanks,
Ravi