[Libguestfs] Libguestfs Failure on latest Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Justin Churchey sajchurchey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 15:10:34 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone,

I was having some difficulties converting OVA images yesterday. At first, I
thought it may have been a compatibility issue with VirtualBox 7.0.
However, when I went to run libguestfs-test-tool, it began failing with the
exact same error as the conversions, which leads me to believe the issue
may lie with libguestfs and not the images themselves.

To test further, I created a fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04, and the
libguestfs-test-tool seems to fail with the same error, even on a fresh
install.  I am attaching the libguestfs-test-tool output for reference.

Ubuntu 22.04 is running libguestfs-tools 1.46.2-10ubuntu3

If anybody has any insight into the issue, or if you feel a bug report
needs to be filed, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Justin Churchey