[Libvir] [QEMU 1/3] hook up driver methods for inactive domains

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 07:39:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 12:15:40AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> The attached patch prepares the driver method API to support inactive
> domains. The following methods are hooked up:
>
>  * virConnectListDefinedDomains
>  * virConnectNumOfDefinedDomains
>  * virDomainDefineXML
>  * virDomainUndefine
>  * virDomainCreate
>
> It sets all existing drivers to have NULL in these fields.
>
> The existing code in virDomainDefineXML was ripped out since it was found
> to be more trouble than it was worth - the backend driver needed to repeat
> most of the logic anyway - so better just to delegate the whole lot.

  Okay, I didn't expected those inactive domain entry point to be driver
specific, but in perspective you are right. At some point the support will
go directly into Xen for example, so that was a mistake on my part, and
well for example with UML the inactive domain definitions could be saved
in the .uml directory, so it will have to be driver specific.
  The patch is a direct implementation of this, looks fine to me,
the addition of virConnectNumOfDefinedDomains() make sense since we have
the equivalent for active ones.

   Looks fine to me, go for it !