[Libvir] Patch: Fix for UUIDs in XML parser

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Jul 13 21:35:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 04:09:50PM -0400, Peter Vetere wrote:
> Hi all.  Here's a pretty straightforward patch that fixes a bug I found
> where, if <uuid>...</uuid> is specified in the XML on the call
> createLinux, it is not propagated down to Xend.  The result is an
> instance with a different UUID than the one requested.

  Okay, applied, but I would not rely too much on this. After all
this identifier need to be unique, that's its only key property and when
you create a new domain it would feel perfectly right if xend forced
this new id by forging a new one each time ignoring the informations
passed. That a restore of a domain preserves the UUID is sensible,
but at creation time, I don't think you can rely on the software
accepting the ID.
  As said applied anyway, commited, but beware relying on it does not
sound logical, at least to me.