[libvirt] RFC: virt-console

John Levon levon at movementarian.org
Tue Jul 1 18:00:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 01:52:01PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > >   Hum :-)
> > >
> > > ++ * Daniel Berrange <berrange at redhat.com>
> > > ++ *
> > > ++ * Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
> >
> > What?
>
>   Well I found that a bit strange, if Daniel Berrange wrote it I doubt the
> copyright would be Sun Microsystem, and vice-versa, maybe there is an
> author missing or something.

Dan wrote the original code, and I made significant changes. Thus, Dan's
copyright and author comment, followed by Sun's. Sun, as a matter of
policy, don't include author information in source code. If there's some
clearer way of doing this you can think of, let me know.

> > Dan). It's not reasonable to expect me to go off and implement
> > something else altogether (a remote console server).
>
>   okay, I wasn't sure it was the plan and I was asking. As Dan pointed
> out it's the right approach, okay, I'm just surprized.

To be clear, we'd love to see a remote console implementation happen,
it's just not a priority for us right now.

regards,
john