[libvirt] PATCH: 12/14: Convert XM driver XML formatter to generic API

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 15:53:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 05:41:01PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This replaces the code which converts from virConfPtr objects
> into XML, with code which converts from virConfPtr objects
> straight into virDomainDefPtr objects. A few more XML changes
> are needed in the test suite to take account of better XML
> generation this produces
[...]
> -/**
> - * sound_string_to_xml:
> - * @soundstr : soundhw string for the form m1,m2,m3 ...

  okay the function which wasn't doing the check and got out of the way

> -xenXMError(virConnectPtr conn, virErrorNumber error, const char *info)
> +xenXMError(virConnectPtr conn, int code, const char *fmt, ...)

  cool improvement

 I didn't spot anything suspicious in the code. I was just expecting it to
be a bit smaller, but the allocation of the virConfPtr and sub objects takes
as much code as outputting the equivalent XML buf, to my surprise.

> -    <type arch='i686' machine='xenfv'>hvm</type>
> +    <type>hvm</type>

  Hum the previous patch was changing things the way around ...

>    <devices>
> -    <emulator>/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm</emulator>
>      <disk type='block' device='disk'>

  and removing the extra emulator

   All looks fine to me, +1