[libvirt] [libvirt-glib 2/3] Add host capabilities API

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed May 9 16:01:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 05:47:19PM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's still one bit I'm missing, here is my understanding so far:
>
> On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 12:53:10PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 01:11:26PM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > Guest features (capabilities XML) - these are really just capabilities of
> > the hypervisor in general
>
> this is /capabilities/guest/features
>

> > Host CPU features (capabilities XML) - individual CPU feature flags (ala
> > /proc/cpuinfo flags on host)
>
> this is /capabilities/host/cpu/feature (ie caps->hosts.cpu->features)
>

> > Guest CPU featrures (domain XML) - individual CPU feature flags (ala
> > /proc/cpuinfo flags in the guest)
>
> this is /domain/features

Opps, no I was meaning  /domain/cpu/feature  here, which is the
same schem as /capabilities/host/cpu/feature.

I forgot there was also a /domain/features  which corresponds
to /capabilities/guest/features

> I'm left with /capabilities/host/cpu/features (which correspond to

Doh, I completely forgot about that. This is basically a bit of
legacy XML, which isn't even really used. It would only ever
be used to set 'pae', 'nonpae', 'vmx', or 'svm' flags. This is
the same kind of info as /capabilities/guest/features and also
/domain/features.

The new /capabilities/host/cpu/feature is a superset of this info