[libvirt] libvirt memory usage statistics

Narayanan, Krishnaprasad narayana at uni-mainz.de
Tue Dec 30 15:46:39 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am using libvirt version 1.1.1 on one of the nodes which has several VMs. When I used virsh dommemstat <domain UUID>, I am getting the following flags: actual, swap_in and rss. I am not able to get the unused memory that is associated with the virtual machine.

Can I kindly know is there a documentation that describe the memory flags? Further, can I get help from the forum to obtain information about the unused memory associated with the virtual machine?

Regards,
Krishnaprasad