[libvirt] [GIT PULL] namespace updates for v3.17-rc1

Adrian Davey adrian at beth2.org
Thu Oct 16 10:38:43 UTC 2014

On 21.08.2014 08:54:57, writes Eric W. Biederman:
> Richard Weinberger <richard nod at> writes:

>>> I'll run this on my LXC testbed today.
>>
>> Looks good. With these patches applied libvirt works again. :)
>
> Darn I read my email in the wrong order.  I am glad to hear that my
> changes were enough to fix libvirt-lxc.
>
> I will aim at pushing this to Linus after the conference is over and I
> can trust myself to think clearly.
>
> Eric

Apologies for the poor etiquette on posting (normal email client is
broken so using a web version). I am trying to track down if my issues
with libvirt_lxc are down to me missing the changes in libvirt or the
kernel (libvirt 1.2.9, Linux 3.16.3) that are mentioned from this
thread.
I am looking for either the git changes in both libvirt and linux
(currently failing to find either) or if indeed these changes made it
upstream? Is anyone able to point me in the right direction please?
This is for the issue I have with proc remounting while using <idmap>
which I believe is the problem talked about in this thread, but I could
well be barking up the wrong tree.

virsh # start testvm
error: Failed to start domain testvm
error: internal error: guest failed to start: Failed to re-mount
/proc/sys on /proc/sys flags=1021: Operation not permitted

Many thanks,

Adrian