[libvirt-users] Virsh+QEMU, SSH issue on compiled libvirt

Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) sarvi at cisco.com
Wed Mar 6 18:42:05 UTC 2013

Thanks Daniel.

Is there a way around this.
We want the virtualization hosts to have standard Fedora libvirt RPMs
installed and running.

We are eventually trying to compile a subset of libvirt client tools
only(the virsh client, python, libvirt and remote-drivers to run on
various other developer systems ranging from RHEL 4/5/6 to allow them to
be able to connect to the virtualization hosts. These compiled client
tools will need to go into a --prefix=/usr/nonstddir/ which will be NFS
mounted by all developer machines.

I guess one alternative is to custom compile what runs on the
virtualization servers too and have them all be built with
--prefix=/user/nonstddir.

But I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this.

Thanks for your help,

Sarvi