fails to start @boot - service-start-limit-hit

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 24 16:32:39 UTC 2023

Hi guys.

When I login to the system I find:

   UNIT                    LOAD   ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● virtproxyd.service      loaded failed failed
Virtualization daemon
● virtproxyd-admin.socket loaded failed failed Libvirt proxy
admin socket
● virtproxyd-ro.socket    loaded failed failed Libvirt proxy
local read-only socket
● virtproxyd-tls.socket   loaded failed failed Libvirt proxy
TLS IP socket
● virtproxyd.socket       loaded failed failed Libvirt proxy
local socket

only 'virtproxyd-tls.socket' is enabled

  -> $ journalctl -l -o cat -u virtproxyd-tls.socket
virtproxyd-tls.socket: Failed with result
'service-start-limit-hit'.
Closed Libvirt proxy TLS IP socket.

But any use of 'virtproxyd-tls.socket' from that point on,
is successful - VM migrates to/from okey.

I think pcs/pacemaker cluster plays a role in it for it must
be - I'm guessing - trying to migrate a single VM back to
booting-up node, though..
'resource-agents-deps.target' is told to
'After=virtproxyd-tls.socket', among other 'after' bits.
To confirm this suspicion - I put the node into 'standby'
then I reboot and I get none of those failures mentioned above.

& to make it an utterly curious test case - all these
'failures' only started after the node was remove from IPA
domain !
If I make the node again a client/member of IPA (same as
before) domain then - standby or not - all those services
above fail @boot no more!

I'd be very glad to read suggestions/thoughts you can share.
many thanks, L.