[Linux-cachefs] Minimum patch for disk-cached NFS?

hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz hanzl at noel.feld.cvut.cz
Tue Oct 26 19:48:43 UTC 2004

Dear list,

anybody had any success in creating minimal patch against a mainstream
kernel leading to working disk-cached NFS?

If I got it right, whole 2.6.9-rc4-mm1 is these 741 patches away from
the mainstream:

  ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.9-rc4/2.6.9-rc4-mm1/patch-series

I would like to have disk-cached NFS together with bproc (process
migration from cluster head node to slave nodes, see
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bproc-users) and I guess
some of those 741 patches would conflict with bproc much more than my
knowledge would allow to fix.

Therefore I would like to reduce 741 to the bare minimum first - and
maybe somebody on this list attempted this before?

Persistent file caching on local disks of cluster slave machines (with
simple NFS master) is my long-term dream with no clean linux solution
so far - so many thanks to all of you working on cachefs and related
NFS tweaks!

Best Regards

Vaclav Hanzl