[Linux-cachefs] using cachefs

Shaya Potter spotter at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Aug 29 19:26:33 UTC 2006

David Howells wrote:
> Shaya Potter <spotter at cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
>
>> to respond ot myself.  it doesn't seem to like ext2.  with ext3 it seems I
>> make progress and get a "Can't set xattr" error (and now off to look how to
>> mount fs w/ xattr support)
>
> tune2fs -o user_xattr /dev/hdxN

or equivalent -o user_xattr at mount time

though that resulted in a "BUG/warning".

though moved passed that for now as now rebuilding util-linux (not easy
as patch doesn't apply against any released version so rebuilding the
srpm on debian is somewhat problematic due to audit stuff in hwclock/
but seems relatively easy to remove and seems to "work".

I guess that means we'll see what happens :)