[Linux-cachefs] nfs_fscache_key question

Abhishek Kulkarni abbyzcool at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 22:21:00 UTC 2009

Hello,

I was reading through the NFS fscache code (nfs/fscache.[ch] &
nfs/fscache-index.c specifically) and I found that nfs_fscache_key
stores a lot of information about the superblock which probably looks
redundant. IOW, I don't see it being used anywhere. Is it just to make
sure that the key is cooked into something unique?

I am left wondering if a combination of the superblock, client, current
and/or the rb tree node pointers suffice? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Abhishek