[Linux-cachefs] Issues

David Howells dhowells at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 21:06:56 UTC 2009

"Edward \"Koko\" Konetzko" <konetzed at quixoticagony.com> wrote:

> On 2.6.29-rc3 it added about 30 seconds to a 8 min copy, which is about what I
> expected.  Using the 2.6.30 kernel with fscache I get the dmesg errors as
> before and initial copy is 5 mins and every copy once cache is primed takes
> about 30 mins.
>
> Any ideas why dmesg is spitting out those errors, I dont get that error if I
> use the same kernel only no fscache.

I don't know at the moment.

I'll look into your problem as soon as possible.  My test machine is currently
suffering from an OOM-related hang that happens when I start testing things.
Once I've bisected that down (bisection steps take several hours to complete,
unfortunately), I can get back to debugging fscache problems.

David