[Linux-cachefs] Adventures in NFS re-exporting

Chuck Lever chuck.lever at oracle.com
Mon Sep 28 16:08:09 UTC 2020

> On Sep 28, 2020, at 11:49 AM, Frank van der Linden <fllinden at amazon.com> wrote:
>
> Bruce - if you want me to 'formally' submit a version of the patch, let me
> know. Just disabling the cache for v4, which comes down to reverting a few
> commits, is probably simpler - I'd be able to test that too.

I'd be interested in seeing that. From what I saw, the mechanics of
unhooking the cache from NFSv4 simply involve reverting patches, but
there appear to be some recent changes that depend on the open
filecache that might be difficult to deal with, like

b66ae6dd0c30 ("nfsd: Pass the nfsd_file as arguments to nfsd4_clone_file_range()")

--
Chuck Lever