[linux-lvm] Page cache corruption when creating a snapshot

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Fri Feb 29 19:53:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 ghudson at MIT.EDU wrote:

>   rm -rf /tmp/test
>   mkdir /tmp/test
>   # Put around 60MB of files into /tmp/test
>   find /tmp/test -type f | xargs md5sum > /tmp/sum.pre

Ran the last four lines several times on my Centos-5 system with
/tmp and the snapshot VG on different volume groups.  (/tmp on rootvg)
# du /tmp/test
84688   /tmp/test
# lvs backvg2/DFL
  LV   VG      Attr   LSize  Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%
  DFL  backvg2 -wi-a- 10.00G

>   lvcreate --size 2G --snapshot /dev/backvg2/DFL --name DFL_snap
>   find /tmp/test -type f | xargs md5sum > /tmp/sum.post
>   lvremove -f /dev/backvg2/DFL_snap
>   diff -u /tmp/sum.pre /tmp/sum.

Doesn't seem to fail for us.  (Sighs with relief.)

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>