How is the progress of nspluginwrapper win32 support?

Qian Hong fracting at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 06:21:19 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'm a contributor of np-activeX [1], which is a bridge between ActiveX and
npapi browser. np-activex works on Win32 but doesn't work on Linux, we are
looking forward a bridge between Win32 npapi plugin and Linux browser [2].
Glad to see nspluginwrapper project, it nearly do what we need, appreciate for
your awesome work!

In the TODO list I found such lines:
--- snip ---
- Windows plugins support
  * Import minimal GLib functions (hashes, etc.)
  * Split toolkit specific code (npw-viewer-{x11,gtk,win}.c)
  * Use winelib + override win32 socket to support AF_UNIX (Linux "native")
--- snip ---

We have great interesting in the win32 plugin support, I wonder if there is
anything I can help.  Could someone tell me what is the current progress? I
checked out the latest source code but couldn't find anything regarding win32
support. Sorry if I was missing something.

Also, I'm wondering if it is a good idea to use gtk+ win32 api to create the
plugin container window, then get the hwnd from gtk+ window with
GDK_WINDOW_HWND()?  Or maybe rewrite the plugin container using plain win32 api
is better?

Best wishes!

[1] http://code.google.com/p/np-activex/
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=zh-CN?hl%3Dzh-CN&fromgroups#!topic/non-ie-online-banking/f8R4LmoXOoU