[OS:N:] GIMP vs. Adobe Photoshop

Chris Spencer chris at forevergalleries.com
Thu Sep 9 16:03:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 09:46, Robert Citek wrote:

> Are you saying that the skills learned with GIMP are directly and
> easily transferable to learning Photoshop, and vice versa?

Please don't consider this the answer for Meraj, however, the concepts
are the same regardless of applications.  The only difference really is
in what buttons and other hoops are needed to generate the results.

Each application offers a similar tool set and generates the same
results.

I can't attest to which one is better (more efficient at completing the
majority of the needed results) because I am not familiar with recent
versions of photoshop but I know that what can be done in one can be
done in the other.

-Chris

Windows it the most secure when it is COMPLETELY OUT of anyone's box. -
Anonymous NewsForge Reader