[OS:N:] For reference http://www.go-opensource.co.za/

Kevin Cole kjcole at gri.gallaudet.edu
Mon Sep 20 17:49:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:35:16AM -0700, Anil Srivastava wrote:

> An idea comes to my mind. A consensus amongst all of us on what is
> the basic open source software that should be put on a CD. Then an
> image being created and made available. Institutions (including
> companies) could then download the image, burn CDs with their
> labels, and that being made available through nonprofit institutions
> in developing countries free of cost.

The GNUwin II project, recently mentioned (about two minutes ago) by
Mr. MacDonald of the Great White North, is an excellent collection,
IMHO.  Also, I've mentioned this before, but for any newcomers here:
Consider the links on:

   http://pchb1f.gallaudet.edu/tricki/

as one starting point (of potentially many) for compiling such a list.
Particularly, look at links on the LEG-UP CD Project page there.

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Gallaudet University          |     WWW: http://gri.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/

 "Using vi is not a sin. It's a penance." -- St. IGNUcious, Church of Emacs