[OS:N:] Open source development bounties

Graham Freeman graham.freeman at cernio.com
Wed Feb 16 06:13:02 UTC 2005

> Can you explain the process a bit more?  How does one get involved in
> these bounty projects?  I'm trying to help out others get more involved
> in the OpenSource movement and this may be just the ticket.

Take a look at this for another example:

http://www.horde.org/bounties/

Somebody needs to run a respectable, accountable, sustainable,
transparent organization that coordinates and administers open source
development bounties.  There've been a couple of dozen times when I
and/or a client of mine would've been happy to contribute $20-$40 toward
the addition or refinement of a particular feature in an OS package, but
development bounty systems like those at Horde.org and ubuntulinux.org
aren't sufficiently common in occurrence, broad in scope, nor capable in
practice.

If hobbyist developers were able to visit a single web site, or small
selection of web sites, representing a broad swath of open-source
development projects and associated bounties, I think bounty fulfillment
would pick up considerably.

--

Graham Freeman
Cernio