[OS:N:] LiveCDs (was: Seniors and open source)

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Fri Apr 29 16:18:10 UTC 2005

On Friday, Apr 29, 2005, at 09:51 US/Central, Kevin Cole wrote:
> I was going to be good and avoid mentioning any specific Live CD, but,
> since others are making endorsements... ;-)  Ubuntu seems to be up-
> and-coming.  Worth at least looking at their Live CD's (available for
> x86, PowerPC and i64 architectures).

Ubuntu LiveCD does work well on my Apple PowerBook G4.  It's the first
LiveCD that gave me a complete Linux desktop on the PPC architecture.
Very nice.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent