[OS:N:] Senior Center

Kent Walker walkerk at uchastings.edu
Fri Jun 17 21:01:27 UTC 2005

At 10:33 AM 6/17/2005, Jay Scherrer wrote:
>[snip]
>My next question for the group is: Should I put this Linux computer box
>in the Lab next to these other windows boxes? Or should I use it for
>backup for the File server?

Congratulations on getting open source accepted in your lab.

We mix Windows and Linux servers in our machine rooms.  However, I have
taken to replacing case badges on Linux systems with ones picturing
Tux.  This raises the visibility of Linux while helping assure the
Windows-only users keep their fingers off.  Here's an inexpensive source:

http://www.scotgold.com/acatalog/ScotGold_Catalogue_Linux_Tux_Stuff_2.html

---
Kent Walker - Datatel Analyst
Information Technology - U.C. Hastings College of the Law
415-565-4635