Re: PAMified login?

Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> Andrew Morgan writes:
> >I think *all* the applications should make an effort to call the
> >session management functions.
>
> I don't think that the *session* functionality should be in charge of
> logging, precisely because not all authentications are session-oriented.
> Wouldn't putting it in pam_acc_mgmt make more sense?

But there are open and *close* session functions.

Both of these can provide useful information to the logs/clean
up. Perhaps this is not an immediate priority for coding apps, but I
think it should be there in all of them at some point.

Remember the pam.conf file can always have a pam_permit entry so even
when it is in the application it can be ignored if a sys-admin desires
it so.

Andrew