Re: Alex, help with login? (Was: PAMified login?)

Michael K. Johnson:
> If the shadow chfn and chsh don't authenticate the user,
> I'm not touching them with a 10-foot pole.  The util-linux
> chfn and chsh authenticate the user before allowing the user
> to change anything.

Sorry, forgot about that one.  Just wondering what is the
reason for this - no other UN*X that I know of does this
(chfn or chsh authenticating ths user).

> As long as we are changing programs, it makes sense to change them
> to (3), and we can always cut the code for lckpwdf() and ulckpwdf()
> out and use it in a separate library (libmisc, whenever it gets
> renamed, I imagine) on systems with libc < 5.3.5

Fine.  I guess it's time for me to modify programs in the
shadow suite (useradd etc.) to use lckpwdf() as well...

Marek