Re: Alex, help with login? (Was: PAMified login?)

Marek Michalkiewicz writes:
>But chfn/chsh can change only *local* user information.

You are trying to make a policy decision for the sysadmin, and
that's not appropriate, IMHO.  With a pamified chfn/chsh, the
sysadmin can choose to just assign pam_allow to chfn and chsh
entries in pam.conf, but can *also* choose to require passwords.

It's the right thing to do, and I'm not going to change it.

I don't know much of anything about NIS, so I'll let others
help deal with your NIS thoughts.

michaelkjohnson