Re: sessions and utmp

Hi,

Al Longyear wrote:
> There seems to be something out of order here. Perhaps I am missing
> something here, but it seems that in the Sun docmentation they reference
> the session logic and state that session information must NOT be kept in
> the pam handle as it is not guaranteed to be the same program which
> terminates the session as the one which started it.

What I was trying to find the answer to was whether the xlock program
was allowed to call the session commands before authenticating the
user. It seems that the answer to this question is YES.

As to the order of the calls to open and close session, I was not
thinking that the "session" associated with xlock was the same flavor
of "session" as say that for xdm..