Linux PAM 0.50 and $(PREFIX)

Hello,

I have started work to make a Debian package for Linux-PAM-0.50.  In
order to build a Debian package, it is necessary to install all the
needed software components in some directory taken as the pseudo root
of the file system.  [ I don't know whether the RedHat packaging
system has similar requirements. ]  However, several makefiles and
installation scripts in the distribution use abolute pathnames
(e.g. SECUREDIR in the toplevel makefile, FILTERSDIR in
modules/pam_filter/Makefile, the install_conf script in
modules/pam_group...).

Before I start hunting all these down and fix them, I wonder whether
there is any reason that I'm missing to make only part of the
pathnames to depend on $(PREFIX).

Thank you for enlightening me.

--
Patrick Weemeeuw, network manager
K.U.Leuven, KULeuvenNet, currently at the Dept. of Computer Science