Re: Speak now, or...

>  >However, login does not wait for the session to terminate. It execs the
>  >shell which replaces the login program by the shell.
>
>  Not any more.  We've discussed this on the pam list already.  As we
>  agreed, a pamified login forks, execs, and waits.  Yes, it's not what
>  Unix has done since the beginning of time.  We do know that.  We are
>  now changing that.

"Some" logins have done this for a while. The code was there in the Kerberos 4
login, but didn't work out of the box (to my experience) anywhere; That said,
fixing the code and using it to call the library equivalent of kdestroy wasn't
hard at all, and works in all of the (very few) cases in which I tested it.
It seems a very resonable solution.

-D