Re: password-changing HOWTO?

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Elliot Lee wrote:
>
> > No current version of the passwd program seems to have password expiry in
> > it, either ;-)
>
> Wrong. The passwd from the shadow suite supports aging for quite a long
> time.

Understood... However, the shadow suite passwd can afford to pass in a
flag that says "running as root, don't authenticate", since the shadow
suite is specific to shadow passwords. We can't do that without breaking
the API - which isn't going to happen :)

\\\| Elliot Lee                 |\\\    ||  "Claim to fame":
 \\\| Red Hat Software           |\\\   ||  What else?
  \\\| <sopwith@redhat.com>       |\\\  ||  http://www.redhat.com/
   \\\| Webmaster, Programmer, etc |\\\ ||