Re: shadow-960910

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> If anyone is offering the help, I am offering my limited time to lead
> again an unofficial project of a RedHat PAM implementation based on the
> current devel tree. People needing more features than those RedHat will
> provide in their next distribution may use our packages test them, report
> bugs/ask for features. I think we can be quite sure that we won't get
> RedHat attention for their next distribution, but we have a chance to be
> considered for the next BETA distribution...

If you look closely at the devel tree even now, you'll notice that we
have a shadow-utils package in there already. Our next release will use
a couple of tools from shadow (pwck, pwconv5, and pwunconv to be specific)
and we are willing to add more tools from that suite if they support PAM.
We feel that pam has far more growth potential then the shadow password
support does though, so we won't compromise out PAM support to get the
shadow utils.

In other words, you have a better then even chance of making it into the
next next distribution :-)

Erik

   Always hoped that I'd be an apostle. Knew that I would make it if I tried.
     Then when we retire we can write the gospels so they'll all talk about
       us when we've die. - "The Last Supper" from Jesus Christ Superstar
|   Erik Troan   =   http://sunsite.unc.edu/ewt/   =   ewt@sunsite.unc.edu    |