Re: shadow-960910

> > login, passwd, & su are already there. sg == newgrp, no?
>
> Well, let me state this again: saying that 'passwd is already in there'
> does not solve the problem. The passwd you (RedHat) supply is a
> SimpleApps in the true mean of this context - it is SIMPLE. Take a look
> at passwd from the shadow core. You will see what I mean. Take a look at
> the login from shadow core. You will see what I mean. I mean FEATURES.
> Instead of working again to add features, to reinvent the wheel, Why not
> use what we already have ? People will always be very sensitive when they
> come and ask for a full featured tool and you reply "basic support is
> already there".

I do have to pipe in here.  All the features from /etc/login.defs,
/etc/limits, /etc/login.access  REALLY are nice (especially /etc/limits!)

I dunno what is done, and not, I have had so little time to help out (sorry).

And I have to agree with Cristian, that fully functional console mode
apps should be as high as if not higher priority than slick Xapps.

A LOT of work has been done on teh shadow core, I think that discounting
them because 'we have a version that works' is a mistake.

--
Tim Hockin
thockin@ais.net