Re: New PAM page at Red Hat

Cristian Gafton writes:
>I think that a page covering what PAM does *not* do for that Joe Average
>is a must. I can tell from my own experience as one of the people who
>distributed for some time RPMs for the development version of the
>Linux-PAM project that I had to deal with complaints about PAM breaking
>sendmail, making the graphics card nit recoginzed anymore by XFree, man
>pages not formatted right or incorrectly printed, and I don't remember how
>many things of this nature... So, telling to the Joe Average that PAM is
>great will make him assimilate PAM with every other thing on his machine,
>including kernel, X11, gcc, and so on, he will start to think that PAM is
>involved in everything.

Thank you!  That was *exactly* the kind of direction I needed to write
this.  I didn't have the vision of what kind of question users are
asking.  I'll write that up soon (maybe tomorrow; I'm at home now)
and post here when it's up.

If you see what I write and realize that something else should
be added to the list, by all means tell me.

Thanks,

michaelkjohnson